Saturday, January 16, 2010

Bi Fold Can I Make Bi-fold Doors Into Saloon Style Doors?

Can I make bi-fold doors into saloon style doors? - bi fold

I searched everywhere for the long door sedan. No small that stands in the middle of the door, but the length of the standard size door. I looked around the Internet, Lowe's, Home Depot .... ect. Not tested with carpentry, but, but I think .. It would be very expensive?

We wanted some folding doors, and she thought about killing the hinge between the two doors. Would not it be the same as two "hatchback" long door?
I saw several sets of swinging door hinges, and the UN can buy in connection with double doors ...
It really works, or am I missing something very important information?
In a desperate here .. I've searched so long, months and can find a door in the hallway. In the ready to try a new idea for my own use folding doors ....
Suggestions?

4 comments:

ELF_N_MA... said...

It can be done, but be made bi-fold doors to hang and some support from their mountings to have. If the self-oscillation may be a little weak and does not have much abuse.You may want to shave the top and bottom of steel doors and keep an add (1 / 8 "to 3 / 16 inch thick) on edges of the plate to be better together. Insert Also some biscuits or thick seams wooden pegs between the doors, to its strengthening.

You may have to cut down (towards the hinge) for the assessment of its highest hinges.

Good luck .....

Curt D said...

I became a contractor for the construction and rehabilitation of more than 30 years. I have tried to present the project.

Folding tastes bad when you try to use them for classroom doors. The shooting would be a nightmare. The diversity of the bands collapse. Hollow doors are difficult to change.

Do a Google search for "doors of the coffee." You get what you want. You can get the wooden door service for less than $ 200. You can also launch the right product.

Chele said...

Works the same ... only problem that may occur is that the hinge is in swing, the separation between the swinging doors, which .... You may need to reduce the width of the door hinges 2 more space than one of the leaflets ... I hope you understand what I am trying to say ... Cut the doors along the part that goes to the door frame and soft sand, less noticeable from the 2 sides in the middle.

Chele said...

Works the same ... only problem that may occur is that the hinge is in swing, the separation between the swinging doors, which .... You may need to reduce the width of the door hinges 2 more space than one of the leaflets ... I hope you understand what I am trying to say ... Cut the doors along the part that goes to the door frame and soft sand, less noticeable from the 2 sides in the middle.

Post a Comment